The Holistic Information Security Practitioner Institute (HISPI) now welcomes EnterpriseGRC Solutions as a member of their HISP Certification Board/Committee. We are in the initial stages of establishing how we can best offer support to this very worthwhile organization.
Upcoming 2017 HISP Certification Courses
The Holistic Information Security Practitioner Institute (HISPI), is currently offering a $500 early bird discount for the following upcoming public HISP Certification Courses scheduled so far for 2017.
Apr 10-14, 2017 Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Jun 26-30, 2017 Seattle-Bellevue, Washington, USA
Jul 10-14, 2017 Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Sep 11-15, 2017 Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Oct 16-20, 2017 Conyers, Georgia, USA
Nov 13-17, 2017 Seattle-Bellevue, Washington, USA
Dec 11-15, 2017 Atlanta, Georgia, USA
To register and pay for one of these classes visit the Holistic Information Security Practitioner Institute (HISPI) training page https://www.hispi.org/training.php, select your preferred class date and enter the $500 early bird discount code HISPI2016, but remember to click “Apply Discount” at the end.
EnterpriseGRC Solutions is an active member of Cloud Credential Council, an ITGI ISACA Sponsor and board member to multiple standards organizations both currently and across the last decade. The goal of our participation is to extend awareness of best practices in security and to make the examination process more accessible to learners from all age, gender, and cultural backgrounds. We believe the purpose of these certifications must go beyond the stacking of credentials on an elite and socially homogeneous stack of resumes. The application of security and technology principals must reach into ethical and social behaviors, driving legal, organization and educational objectives in all countries and governments.
EnterpriseGRC Solutions is committed to a facilitated learning approach, where content is able to adapt to a broader range of learning styles. Classic book knowledge is not enough to apply the important knowledge that is transferred to the body of information covered by such examinations as the CSA Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), or the Holistic Information Security Practitioner Certification (HISP). We want to see more women and more diversity in general among the persons who pass and contribute to these important exams. It is also critical that people with less background in security be able to master concepts of Green Technology, the foundations of Cloud through CompTIA Cloud Essentials, and the foundations of virtualization through ITpreneurs Virtualization Essentials.
The Holistic Information Security Practitioner (HISP) Institute (HISPI) is an independent certification organization consisting of volunteers that are true information security practitioners, such as Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs), Information Security Officers (ISOs), Information Security Managers, Directors of Information Security, Security Analysts, Security Engineers and Technology Risk Managers from major corporations and organizations.
More About HISPI - HISPI promotes a holistic approach to information security program management by providing certification opportunities in information security, information assurance, and governance.
HISPI focuses on international standards, best practices, and comprehensive frameworks for developing robust and effective information security programs.
The objectives of HISPI include:
- To bridge the current gap between existing professional certification programs by proactively promoting the need to develop comprehensive and holistic information security programs amongst information security, audit and compliance professionals representing various sectors internationally.
- To promote cost-effective training and certification to information security, audit and compliance professionals, particularly Public Sector and Higher Education employees, where budget constraints can be a barrier to obtaining such quality training and certification.
- To provide a vendor-neutral forum that will facilitate the sharing of knowledge, ideas and other positive initiatives for enhancing the current state of information security in various sectors internationally.
- To research and develop an integrated system for widely accepted best practice frameworks that are applicable to Information Security such as ISO/IEC 27002, ISO/IEC 27001, COBIT, COSO, ISO/IEC 20000 (ITIL), NIST Guidelines, FIPS 200 (NIST 800-53).
- To foster collaborative efforts across various sectors internationally, particularly government, law enforcement and commercial sector.
- To foster a positive code of ethics amongst information security, audit and compliance professionals.
- To reduce the cost of meeting legal, regulatory and contractual requirements pertaining to information security, across various sectors internationally.
- In addition to the existing partnership with British Standards Institute (BSI) Americas, to also partner and collaborate with other reputable organization.